The Vanderbilt International Summer Research Academy was created for international students looking to gain biomedical research experience at a top-tier US research institution.
We have created two sessions of this program – one during Vanderbilt’s academic break (June and July) and one during Southern Hemisphere summer months (January and February). If you are selected for this highly competitive program, you will be matched with a Vanderbilt faculty scientist and you will work on a research project in their lab during your time at Vanderbilt. Program participants will present their research at the end of the summer.
Vanderbilt University will pay for summer Research Academy participants. This includes
- Round trip airplane ticket
- A stipend of $3,000 to help you pay other expenses (meals, local transportation, etc) during VISRA
- Health Insurance as Required to meet Us immigration Regulations
- Applicants cannot be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Applicants should have a strong desire to pursue an advance (PhD) degree in the biological or biomedical sciences and should be highly motivated to learn
- Applicants should have completed at least 2 years of university studies, archieving high grades.
- Most of the applicants will come from the sciences or medicine. While all international students are welcome to apply, preference will be given to students who are currently outside of the United States
- Fluent in English
Deadline: January 16, 2016
To apply and for more information visit here
Share this entry
We hope you enjoyed reading this Article, please feel free to SHARE and COMMENT
- Ellen DeGeneres to accept People’s Choice humanitarian awardJanuary 4, 2016 - 3:52 pm
- Adele’s ‘Hello’ has biggest sales week in over 15 yearsNovember 5, 2015 - 10:00 pm
- ‘Limitless’ scores full season order from CBSOctober 24, 2015 - 9:00 pm
- Vin Diesel’s ‘Last Witch Hunter’ Gets Burned by Critics: 9 Reviews Cursing Action Hero’s Latest AdventureOctober 23, 2015 - 9:00 pm